NOTE: ETHNIC IS USED AS AN INCLUSIVE TERM AND IS NOT SPECIFIC TO PEOPLE OF COLOR ON THIS WEBSITE. AS SUCH, THE SEARCHABLE SOCIAL DIRECTORY IS OPEN TO ALL RACIAL, ETHNIC, SPIRITUAL, LINGUISTIC AND CULTURAL GROUPS.
EthnicCounselors.com is a searchable social directory that provides access to multilingual, religious, spiritual, culturally and ethnically diverse mental health providers and resources. The general public can search for, evaluate and connect with providers of their choice. Providers (individuals and agencies), can create custom profiles that showcase their credentials, education, professional counseling services and areas of expertise to the
general public and other provider members. Social workers, Psychologists,
Psychiatrists, LMFT™s, LPC™s Pastoral Counselors and other recognized, licensed providers are welcome to create a profile with EthnicCounselors.com.
*ONLY MEMBERS AUTHORIZED BY THEIR STATE TO PROVIDE COUNSELING SERVICES, EITHER INDEPENDENTLY OR UNDER SUPERVISION, ARE PERMITTED TO MAKE THEIR PROFILES SEARCHABLE IN THE ETHNICCOUNSELORS.COM <http://ETHNICCOUNSELORS.COM> DATABASE. *
Your use of this Web Site and online services contained therein is subject to the following Terms of Service. Please read them carefully.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF SERVICE
This online service, EthnicCounselors.com, (the Service) is provided by Premier Counseling & Consulting Group, LLC (We or Company) to the person using the Service (You or Your) under these Terms of Service (the
and any operating rules or policies that may be published from time to time by Company. Together with any other written contract, the Terms comprise the entire agreement between You and Company and supersedes all prior agreements between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein. *YOU AGREE TO READ THE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICE.*
Use of the Service signifies that You have read the Terms and accept them.
If You do not agree to the Terms, do not use the Service and any such use is unauthorized.
2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
The Service provides You with a capability to access information and services related to counseling, professional counselors listed in our database and member related communication services.
3. USE OF THE SERVICE
EthnicCounselors.com does not examine, determine or warrant the competence of any professional counselors listed in the EthnicCounselors.com database.
Use of this Directory to locate a licensed, professional counselor is wholly voluntary and will not result in any liability against EthnicCounselors.com or its affiliates. In no event shall EthnicCounselors.com be liable for damages to any user of the Directory for the voluntary selection of any counselor / agency or for the services provided by any counselor / agency listed herein, or for any other damages which may occur.
The Directory does not include all available possible resources. Additional resources are being added regularly, and we aim to be comprehensive. IF YOU KNOW OF A COUNSELOR / AGENCY THAT WOULD BE A GREAT ADDITION TO OUR DIRECTORY, PLEASE INVITE THEM TO JOIN US!
The Directory cannot always provide independent verification of the accuracy or validity of the information which is supplied by entrants. It is up to you, as a potential consumer, to ALWAYS verify the credentials and professional status of providers listed in the EthnicCounselors.com directory with the appropriate state and local agencies before securing their services.
EthnicCounselors.com cannot and does not provide any warranties related to the information contained in or resulting in services from a counselor / agency listed in EthnicCounselors.com
All provider are welcome to join EthnicCounselors.com. As a provider, you agree that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are legally authorized and professionally capable of providing the services you promote via EthnicCounselors.com. In addition, due to variations in state and local licensing / credentialing laws and statutes, it is your responsibility to ensure that you do NOT misrepresent your credentials, education, licensure, expertise and other key pieces of information potential consumers may use and rely in seeking out counseling services.
You also agree to edit your profile and update your profile settings so your profile is removed from search results in the event that you are unable to, or unauthorized to provide counseling services for any reason whatsoever.
4. MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE OR TERMS
Company reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service for any reason, at its sole discretion, with or without notice to You.
Company likewise may change the terms and conditions of the Terms from time to time with or without notice to You. Any amendment shall be effective immediately with or without notice.
You acknowledge and agree that the Service is, and shall at all times remain, the sole and exclusive property of Company, our affiliates and/or our licensors and that Company and/or our affiliates (or our licensors) are the sole and exclusive owner of all rights to the Service, including any copyrights and all related renewals and extensions. You agree that the Service is proprietary and confidential and that You will not authorize or permit its contents to be conveyed or in any manner communicated or used by any third party or to be duplicated or reproduced without our prior written approval. Your right to use the Service is personal to You. You agree to use the Service solely for Your internal business purposes and not to use the Service for commercial purposes. You agree not to sell, resell, or exploit for any commercial purposes, the Service or use of or access to the Service or any information or technology obtained from the Service. Links to and from the Service do not constitute an endorsement by Company.
You will maintain confidentiality concerning any confidential or proprietary information which You access through the Service and You will protect such information from unauthorized disclosure.
You will restrict unauthorized users from gaining access to the Service.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your passwords and for any and all activities that occur under Your passwords or accounts.
You agree to immediately notify Company of any unauthorized use of Your account or any other breach of security known to You.
You will take feasible steps to prevent transmission over the Service of any virus or other software routine designed or likely to permit unauthorized access to the Service or to disable, erase or otherwise harm any software, hardware or data accessible over the Service.
The confidentiality obligations of this section will survive the termination of Your use of the Service.
You agree to be solely responsible for Your actions and the contents of Your transmission through the Service.
EthnicCounselors.com wants all Members to have the freedom to express themselves, however at the same time, EthnicCounselors.com wants all Members to feel secure.
- Profile information will be used to create personalized content, service, and advertise on the Service. EthnicCounselors.com may also use your profile to generate aggregate reports and market research.
- All profile data stored by the Service has been entered solely by the respective Member.
- Members can modify registration data associated with their account, and can control selected private information from being disclosed on their Member page.
- When you register as a Member, we ask for some personal information such as your email address. Our policy regarding this information is simple: Except as provided in this statement, EthnicCounselors.com may use this information to send you offers and information we think you would be interested in from EthnicCounselors.com and it's partners.
- We also collect other information at registration such as your city where you live etc. This information cannot be used to identify you. We place this information in your EthnicCounselors.com profile, which i publicly available so that other Members who share your interests can connect with you.
- Whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on forums, message boards, through email, or in chat areas, that information can be collected and used by others. If you post personal information in public places, others may send you unsolicited email messages. Always be smart about the information you provide online.
- We may disclose Member information when we are required to by law, or when have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other Service Members, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
- Your Member profile is password-protected so that you and only you have access to this information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. We also recommend that, if you share your computer with other people, you sign out of your Account and close your browser window when you are done. Signing off will protect your information if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library.
- We make every effort to ensure that your information is secure on our system. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
7. FEES AND COST
EthnicCounselors.com reserves the right, at any time, to charge fees for access to the Service, and will notify you of any such fees by posting information regarding such fees on the Service.
You are entirely responsible and liable for all of your activities on EthnicCounselors.com. Listed below are some, but not all, violations that may result in termination of your access to EthnicCounselors.com. By using EthnicCounselors.com, you agree NOT to do any of the following:
- Post, transmit, promote, or distribute content that is illegal, that encourages illegal activity, or that infringes upon the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, publicity right or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any third party.
- Transmit or facilitate distribution of content that is libelous, harmful, threatening, harassing, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, pornographic, obscene, defamatory, or objectionable in a reasonable person's view.
- Pretend to be anyone whom you are not. You may not impersonate another Member, a EthnicCounselors.com staff Member, or anyone else.
- Attempt to get a password, other account information, or other private information from a Member, or harvest email addresses or other information.
- Post any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation.
- Pornography, obscenities, and defamatory postings are not allowed anywhere on EthnicCounselors.com. Postings of this kind will be removed immediately, and a violation will be issued to the Member responsible for the posting (several violations will result in the termination of your account). If you see any pornographic, obscene or defamatory postings, please notify our customer service staff immediately.
- Postings which violate the intellectual property rights of third parties are not allowed anywhere on EthnicCounselors.com. Postings of this kind will be removed immediately, and a violation will be issued to the Member responsible for the posting (several violations will result in the termination of your account). If you see any content which you believe infringes upon the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, publicity right or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any third party, please email our customer service department.
- Usernames that contain obscene words, derogatory or racist remarks, or references to sexual acts or sexual anatomy are not allowed on EthnicCounselors.com. Usernames of this kind will be deleted immediately upon discovery. If you see a Username that contains obscene, racist or derogatory references, please notify us immediately.
- In the Forums area, keep your postings relevant to the discussion. Postings that are irrelevant to Forum discussions or that are designed to promote personal pages, voting polls, or third parties may be removed. If you see postings that contain foul language or that are intended to harass other Members, please notify us immediately.
- Intentional disruption of the flow of content or discussion by repeatedly posting the same message or image or posting excessively large images is not permitted. Members who cause disruption of this kind will be issued a violation that can result in the termination of their account. If you see another Member disrupting a chat room or forum discussion, please notify us immediately.
- Harassment of another EthnicCounselors.com Member via Notes, Email, Pages, or postings is not permitted. Harassment means: saying bad things about them; sending them unwanted messages; attacking their race, heritage, etc.
- Unsolicited "spam" messages are also not permitted unless expressly authorized by the recipient. While we encourage you to introduce yourself to other Members, please respect their wishes if they do not want you to send them mail. If you feel that another Member is harassing you, please notify us immediately.
- We can, whenever we want, edit or delete any content displayed, uploaded to, distributed, or otherwise published through the Service.
- We reserve the right to remove content at any time, including any content that violates these standards. We are not responsible for any objectionable material posted by Members that you may encounter while using the Service.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You expressly agree that use of the service and any materials or information provided is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an as is and as available basis.
Company expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Company makes no warranty that the service will meet your requirements, or that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free; nor does company make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the service or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the service or that defects in the software used in the service will be corrected.
Company makes no warranty regarding any services obtained through the service or any transactions entered into through the service. Company assumes no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store any data or other information provided by you on the service.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Company shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or actual damages, even if company has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages so some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
You will reimburse us for all damages (including court costs and reasonable attorneys fees) caused by the negligence or willful misconduct of You or Your agents including, but not limited to, failure to maintain confidentiality, the sending of any client information or details over the Internet without encryption, or breach of any representation, warranty or covenant herein.
You agree that Company may terminate Your password(s), account(s) or use of the Service at Company™s discretion for any reason.
All notices to a party shall be in writing and shall be made either via email or conventional mail. In addition, Company may post notices or links to notices through the Service to inform You of changes to the Terms, the Service, or other matters of importance.
14. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS TO CONTENT
You acknowledge and agree that content, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics or other material contained in sponsor advertisements or other information presented to You through the Service (Content) is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. You are only permitted to use this Content as expressly authorized by Company or the Service, and You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, or create derivative works from this Content without express authorization.
The Terms and the relationship between You and Company shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Company agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located within Essex & Middlesex Counties, New Jersey.
The failure of Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms remain in full force and effect.
You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the Terms must be filed by You within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
In no event shall We be liable for damages caused by third parties not under our control or by other causes beyond our reasonable control, including, but not limited to, damages caused by third parties etc.